The very first interest of babies is to copy every bit of their elder’s activity. This includes sitting on the dining table and have meal like everybody else do. But whenever they are put on the chair, all that reaches to the table top are their eyes and they seems like a meerkat looking out of a burrow.
Worry not children, just tell your mommies to get you your booster seats so you can participate in the destruction of meal on the dining table! Seriously, it’s your right.
What is a Booster Seat?
Booster seats are of two types: car booster seat and table booster seat. But here I am talking about the table booster seat.
This seat is designed so that it can be placed on a dinning chair for the toddlers whose height does not reach the dining table. Most of the booster seats have two straps, one strap goes around the chair back and the other goes under the chair seat, so that the seat is stuck to the chair and there is no risk of slipping.
Usually, they have three or five points harness so the child is fully bound to it and have less danger of falling down.
The ones that came without harness are for the children who are big enough to manage themselves on the chair without falling.
Some seats are designed to grow with your baby, no matter what age the baby reaches he can still fit on it. It depends upon which seat you choose.
Most of the booster seats are compact and portable so you can carry them with you if you want to go to the restaurants that don’t have baby seats or if you are going to visit friends and family.
Booster seats have unlimited variety but most of the mothers looks for the one that is easy to wipe, portable and compact and easy to detached. Some looks for the one whose tray can be easily omitted so that they can easily be wash.
The parents prefer the booster seats because they come in little price than the high chair.But it should be kept in mind that high chairs are used for the babies between 9 to 18 months and when a child gets a little bigger say 18 months to 3 years old, he should be sitting in a booster seat.
Why do I need a Booster Seat?
- their first purpose is to adjust the child’s height according to the table
- Booster seats are made so that the children can dine with the whole family. They can learn etiquettesand respond to the social interactions. It develops a habit of having meal together in all of the family members.
- Its harnesses avoid any risks of accidents and a child feels much safer in it than the regular dinning chair.
- The families who do a lot of outing finds it difficult for their child to sit on the lap or on the chairs whose heights are out of reach of the table top. So, the booster seats are useful for them as they are portable and compact. They can carry it with them almost everywhere.
Our Best Picks
Check the List of 5 Best Graco Infant Car Seats Below
1. OXO Tot Perch Booster Seat With Straps
You must be in the search of the seat that is best for your baby and in which he feels comfortable. So, after experiencing, I am giving you the names and a little bit details about the seats which I consider the best, so that you will find it easier to choose for your little ones:
Experienced by many mothers OXO Tot Perch Booster Seat with Straps comes at the top of the list. Due to its cute and simple design it has become the favorite of babies and mommies. Not much but it is a little bit high on the price. But you won’t regret it after you’ll use it.
- It can be placed on any type of table chair as it will boost your child up to the perfect height even if the child is only 15 months old.
- It has three points harness to give your child a total security he needs while sitting on chair.
- Has a backrest support to comfort you child.
- You can remove the straps if your child is big enough for not falling down.
- It has a soft foam cushion on its seat so that your child will feel comfortable while sitting on it.
- It also has a storage underneath its cushion where you can store the straps if you don’t want to use them.
- It is really easy to wipe and wash.
- BPA, Phthalate and PVC free.
- Cushion is removable and you can also wash it in the machine
- Extremely portable. You can take it anywhere.
- Occupies a little space
- Easy to collapse and compact. No storage issue you can put it anywhere.
- Comes in five beautiful colors: apple green, gray, pink, orange and taupe.
- Non-skid, so that your baby will be out of the danger of slipping.
2. Chicco Pocket Snack Booster Seat
Not as best as former but this booster seat will surely make you happy, as it comes in low price then the oxo tot, and has the features you are looking for in comfortable and safe seat for our baby.
- It is really easy and quick to set up this seat.
- Extremely portable.
- Compact and easy to carry.
- It doesn’t take much space.
- It has sturdy metal legs that can be adjust to three height position, boosting up you child according to his need.
- Has removable tray that is easy to wash and clean and it can also be adjust to three positions.
- Has three-point harness to give your child a perfect grip so cannot fall.
- The seat is really wide and comfortable for the babies.
- Non-skid. And legs do not leave marks on the chair.
- The body is made of plastic so it will be easy to wipe it with a damp cloth.
- Fit for the toddlers of age 6 months to 3 years.
- It comes in three colors: gray. Lavender and stone.
3. Summer Infant Pop and Sit Portable Booster
I can tell you this is just the thing you are looking for. This booster seat has so many desired features that you’re going to love it, the moment you’ll have it in your home.
This seat you can use not only for feeding but also for the playing purpose and at the end you get a mess free baby. it is made of the polyester so that your child will feel much more comfortable in it.
- It is so light weight that even your baby would carry it
- It can be folded and can be set up in seconds.
- Comfortable polyester seat.
- Its tray is detachable and can easily be dishwash.
- BPA free.
- It comes with a carry case that makes it easy to be carried and you can take it with you on your outing day.
- Has 3 harness points so that the child is safer.
- Non-slip and has chair straps to firmly bound it with the chair.
- Can also be used outdoor.
4. OXO Tot Perch Foldable Booster
This product is just as same as the first one I described but the only difference is that it has no straps. This one is mostly liked by the “grown up” toddlers because they don’t like themselves to be put in the prison.
- It is meant for the toddlers above 3 years because they can manage themselves without straps.
- Can be placed on any adult chair.
- Cushion is detachable and easy to clean.
- Collapse quickly and easy to carry with handle.
- BPA, PVC and Phthalate free.
- Non-skid and comfortable.
5. Fisher-Price Healthy Care Deluxe Booster Seat
With Fisher-Price Healthy Care Deluxe Booster Seat meal time will become a fun time for your baby. Feeding your child will no longer be a headache as he will enjoy sitting in this seat and eating will become an interesting activity for him. Almost any age of toddler can use it.
- It has a full plastic body.
- Easy and secure booster straps that are meant for almost any type of dinning and kitchen chairs.
- Has a feeding tray.
- Feeding tray is easily detachable and is safe for dishwashing.
- It has a snap on lid that covers the feeding tray and keeps it clean.
- Tray also has a sippy cup holder.
- Easy to wipe with a damp cloth.
- no Crevices to trap crumbs.
- Has three-point harness.
- Portable and easy to carry.
- No large space required.
- Can be adjusted to three heights.
- Non-skid and safe.
- Has a light color combination of blue and white.
- Backrest can be detached.