Looking for cheap and inexpensive infant car seats? We know your child’s well-being is priceless and you can spend all the money if it meant keeping him secure. But realistically; most of us have a limited budget, and the cost of infant’s gears adds up quickly.
Well, when it comes to car seats, there are a lot of options available that will get you peace of mind and the best bang for your buck too.
Check Out Our 6 Best Picks For Inexpensive and cheap Infant Car Seats Below That Offer Outstanding Value For Your Budget.
What Should You Look For In An Infant Car Seat?
To inform you, every new car seat on the market must meet government safety regulations. So inexpensive car seat doesn’t mean your car seat will be less safe.
Here are some factors you must consider when choosing from the best cheap infant car seats:
Understand the Types of Car Seats Available
There are different types of car seats available in the market, but the best one for your infant will depend on his or her weight, age and the type of car you’re driving.
Ensure that the Car Seat Meets Federal Standards
Check if the car seat has been crashed tested to hit or go beyond federal standards for better safety. Also check its material, like energy-absorbing foam or steel to protect your baby in case of an accident.
Never buy a used Car Seat
Though you want to buy an inexpensive low rate car seat, do not buy used car seats as their history is uncertain for you. Moreover, accidents and sun-exposure can affect badly on the quality of a car seat. If the car has been in an accident, it will have the signs of that which will not be a suitable infant car seat.
Our Best Picks
Check the List of 6 Best Inexpensive Infant Car Seats in 2020 Below
We researched expert sources and consumer reviews and came up with 6 best inexpensive Infant car seat Reviews.
1. Graco SnugRide 30 Click Connect (Best Affordable Infant Car Seat)
- For under $100, parents looking for best inexpensive and secure infant car seat find the Graco SnugRide a wise purchase. It’s incredibly lightweight, easy to install and carry from car to stroller.
- With Click Connect Technology, it makes it easy to attach the infant seat to Click Connectors which eliminates any guessing as you will literally hear a click sound that assures you it’s secure.
- Its narrow design is compact which resolves space issues in the car.
- It weighs only 7 pounds so you don’t feel a burden on your back carrying it into the house when your baby is nodding.
MollyKB, a proud user, says, “I love my Graco snug ride and don’t find that it feels cheap. It worked great for my son and will be using it for my next baby, too”.
In addition, the seat can only be used for infants up to 30 pounds or 30 inches tall, means you won’t be utilizing it for the long haul, but it will save much if you’re thinking of investing in a car seat that will take you through the infant’s years.
2. Chicco KeyFit 30 infant car seat and base
- All of the options available in the market, the Chicco KeyFit 30 performs well or better than many expensive seats and is most recommended infant car seats.
- For the budget price, you get a safer and easier to use a car seat.
- This infant car seat comes in 6 clours and is designed for the babies with 4-30 pounds.
- The KeyFit 30 is easier to install with or without a LATCH system.
- It is consistently ranking among the safest infant car seats as it is crash tested. So you don’t have to worry about the security of your little tot.
This seat weighs is 10 pounds and a bit heavy as compared to others, but it doesn’t matter for safety-conscious parents . A proud mon says “I used the Chicco KeyFit with both of my kids,” she writes. “Love love love it. It is pretty much best in class for the infant seat and rated the easiest to install correctly.”
The Chicco KeyFit is lightweight, comfortable to carry and easy to clean off crumbs and crud. It will keep most babies safe and comfortable. If you have a special child with special physical needs, give this infant car seat a try and you will probably love it.
3. Britax B-Safe 35 Infant Car Seat
- Britax is a respected and recognized name in child-safety products. Their seats are safety tested by government agencies.
- It is not a surprise for us that they have one of the best and inexpensive and affordable Britax B-Safe 35 infant car seats.
- It comes in 5 colours and fits for the babies weighs 4-35 pounds.
- Infant Car Seat is one of their top car seats when it comes to its structure and ease of use.
.Along with the safety features, Britax B Safe is also part of a large Britax travel system. This is easy to install and its rear-facing car seat comes with a carrier and base which ensures the safety and comfort of your toddler. The base has push-button with LATCH connectors and central pull straps to know if the seat is secure in your car. Detaching also easy. You can do it simply by a push of a button.
Britax B has a steel frame in the carrier that gives it more strength. The SafeCell feature offers an energy-absorbing base that is meant to compress in the case of a collision.
This best inexpensive infant car seat has a contoured shell that is designed to protect the baby. It also reduces the amount of side-to-side movement. The cradle of the shell gives your baby maximum protection.
4. Safety 1st onBoard 35 Air 360
- The Safety 1st onBoard 35 Air infant car seat offers exceptional bang-for-the-buck at an affordable price and with above-average crash test performance.
- This baby car seat has all of the safety features you need to fit your lifestyle.
- The onBoard car seat has impressive side-impact protection.
- You can choose from a variety of Safety 1st strollers to fit your needs.
The Safety 1st offers both energy-absorbing foam and side-impact protection to protect your infant in case of a car accident.
The seat is easy to install with LATCH connectors. The base is also secure with your seatbelt. But unfortunately, you cant install the carrier without its base. This seat is designed to an infant of 4-35 pounds, or as tall as 32 inches.
The Safety 1st onBoard 35 Air is compatible with Lift LX and the SleekRide. You can adjust the carry handle too many positions. It is easy to use both canopies and handle at the same time as there is much space between them.
Safety 1st comes with a one-year warranty. You can take help with installation and if you the loose user manual, a new manual can be downloaded. You can contact Customer support representatives by email and phone.
5. Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System, Phantom
- The Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System (Phantom model) is a flexible stroller suitable for parents who are always on the go.
- Like other travel gears, the stroller can be converted to a compatible infant car seat called the Baby Trend Easy Flex Infant Car Seat.
- This car seat is designed for the infants weighs up to 30 lbs and are up to 30 inches tall.
On the contrary, the stroller can weigh up to 50 lbs. of weight. One amazing feature is Its huge storage capacity which accommodates all the necessary belongings of your toddler. Moreover, the seat can stretch out to multiple positions and has comfortable pads for the safety of an infant along with impact-absorbing foam. Meanwhile, the seat also has a 5-point harness for safety. It is easy to affix and detach. You can easily transfer your child from the car to the stroller by detaching the car seat and affixing it to the stroller frame.
Other worth mentioning features are the parent tray, extra-wide push handle, child tray, adjustable sunproof canopy, and lightweight fold for portability. Although there are some negatives, rest assured, this product will be safe and comfortable enough for your child.
6. Evenflo LiteMax Infant Car Seat
- Evenflo LiteMax infant pillow sports an impeccable design.
- The LiteMax 35 is an extremely lightweight infant car seat combined with its ergonomic handle which makes it highly portable and you can transport your baby easily with it.
- The LiteMax 35 is a very comfy and secure infant car seat. It comes with a body pillow and seat pad; both are full of cushioning and feel very cosy to the touch. Both of these cushions have been manufactured out of temperature-regulating fabric which feels very handy during the hot days.
- One of its amazing feature for the security of your little tut is the harness adjustment that is located in the front part, and you will be pleased to know that the there are pockets available that will keep the buckles away when your infant is in the seat.
Meanwhile, the level indicator has two different settings – one is for babies weighing 4-20 lbs, and 2nd one is for those over 20lbs. You will also like the 4-position up-front recline, which makes maximum comfort for the baby and makes the installation easier.
This model offers a one-step belt lock-off which makes the installation process quite convenient and we can’t resist recommending it to you for the safety of your toddler.
There isn’t a single parent in this world who is not concerned about the safety of their babies. For new parents, it becomes all the more difficult to understand and manage things. In this above detailed article, we have made our best attempt to narrow down your search regarding cheap car seats, so that you can only get the best infant car seats for your babies within your price range.